SpamAssassin 3.1.8

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 12 17:29:27 CET 2007

Tony Stocker spake the following on 3/12/2007 8:56 AM:
> On 3/12/07, Martin.Hepworth <martinh at solidstatelogic.com> wrote:
>> Tony
>
> Martin,
>
> Okay, apparently there IS a mismatch.
>

>> I'd check you haven't still got the old spamassassin version lying
>> around, and that's being found by MailScanner.
>>
>> "MailScanner -debug -debug-sa" will help.
>>

> [22833] dbg: generic: SpamAssassin version 3.1.3
>
> config: configuration file "/usr/share/spamassassin/20_advance_fee.cf"
> requires version 3.001008 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
> 3.001003. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
> config files? Skipping this file at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line
> 344.
>

>> Did you install the original SA using the RH RPMS?
>>

> Going back through my notes it appears that I used the
> MailScanner-ClamAV-SA package.  The original RH spamassassin RPM
> package was already installed prior to installing it.
>
> What's the best way to resolve this?  Should I install the latest
> mailscanner-clam-sa package?
>
> Thanks for the help,
You need to pick ONE method of installing this, and stick with it. If you are
going to use the clam-sa package, use it every time and rpm -e spamassassin.
If you are going to use the rpm's, you will need to manually go and find /
delete the spamassassin installed by the clam-sa package.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and