Spam score is negative, yet message is still marked as spam

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Mar 12 15:00:44 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:37:35 -0400
Jonathan B Bayer <jbayer at bayertechnologygroup.com> wrote:

> I have a new installation of MailScanner installed on a new mail
> server.  The basic configuration is:
>
> RedHat Enterprise 3
> Postfix 2.1.3
> Mailscanner 4.58.9-1

[snip]

I am somewhat perplexed. First you claim this is a 'new' installation
of MailScanner on a new mail server. Then you list an obsolete (very
depreciated) version of Postfix. At the very least, I would update that
to version => 2.3 (version 2.4 is in RC stage presently and is due for
release on or about April 1st). You might want to investigate updating
it. It also works better with MailScanner from what I have been told. I
never used that old of a version with MS personally.

--
Gerard

"The only secure computer is one that's unplugged,
locked in a safe, and buried 20 feet under the ground
in a secret location ... and I'm not even too sure about
that one"

	Dennis Huges, F.B.I.