Spam score is negative, yet message is still marked as spam

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 14:42:14 CET 2007

Hi,

Jonathan B Bayer wrote:
> Hello mailscanner,
>
> Hello all.
>
> I have a new installation of MailScanner installed on a new mail
> server.  The basic configuration is:
>
> RedHat Enterprise 3
> Postfix 2.1.3
> Mailscanner 4.58.9-1
>
> One of the users has been sending messages to the company president.
> These messages are being marked as spam and moved to the spam folder.
>
> However, when I examined the message headers, I found the following:
>
> X-*****************_com-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
> X-*****************_com-MailScanner: Found to be clean
> X-*****************_com-MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, spamhaus-ZEN,

This mail hit the spamhaus-ZEN RBL, and you have MailScanner configured
to mark as spam any message that hits on your RBLs.

Personally I don't have MailScanner set to check any RBLs, I use the
scoring features on SpamAssassin for that.

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples