dealing with dictionary attacks

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:46:46 CET 2007

On 10/03/07, Drew Marshall <drew at technologytiger.net> wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2007, at 00:52, Scott Silva wrote:
>
> > Res spake the following on 8/7/1998 5:37 AM:

> >> Thank you :)

> >> I am working on a patch to force swapping? is that what everyone
> >> wants?
> >> trust me it'll be a quick  3 line patch I can upload this
> >> afternoon when
> >> I get back home ;)
> >>

> > I tried to apply that patch to my wife, but it tainted her kernel! ;-P
>
> That's always the problem if you upgrade from Girlfriend >v3.x to
> wife v1.0.
IIRC Scott is already at version 2.0 of wife. Whther this is due to
the whole MRS swapping problem or not, I'll defer to comment on.

> I did the same and I too can't get her to swap properly either. Every
> time it's even suggested there is a warning message about this
> process needing me to pay a huge fee both to consultants and in some
> form of licence fee. I have to admit to not liking the sound of this
> and always selecting cancel and going back to searching Google for a
> work round :-)
>
> I hasten to add, I have not found one ;-)
Well ... the only viable option AFAICS is the single thread
semi-swapping variation... Some might call that "cheating" though, so
be careful... Might otherwise lead to a forced upgrade from wife v1.0,
and the license fees/consultants kicking in ... in an inopportune
manner;-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn