DKIM with MailScanner

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:38:40 CET 2007

On 3/7/07, Arthur Sherman <arturs at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> I tried to install DKIM with MailScanner and now it neither signs w/ DKIM
> nor scans with MailScanner (X-CPTeam-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam,
> SpamAssassin (not cached, score=0,required 4, autolearn=not spam)
>
> Everything was fine before.
>
> When I run 'MailScanner --debug-sa --lint' it throws me this error:
> Maybe you could help me with this.
>
> TIA
> --
> [root at ns1 ~]# MailScanner --debug-sa --lint
> Read 764 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.58.9) is correct.
>
> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> Using SpamAssassin results cache
> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
> plugin: failed to parse plugin (from @INC): Can't locate Mail/DKIM.pm in

You need to install the Mail::DKIM perl modules.

e.g.

#cpan

<cpan[1] > install Mail::DKIM
>quit

make sure in (mine is here) /etc/mail/spamassassin/v312.pre:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DKIM

and is not commented out.

then try the lint.

The default rules score at 0.001 and -0.001 so the rule will fire and
appear in the spam report but do no alteration (statistically at
least) to your messages.

Angelo