Best way to allow attachments with it5 extension through

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Mar 6 23:23:56 CET 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Daniel Straka wrote:

> I've scoured the MailScanner list archives for an answer and have come up with several answers.
> I'm looking for a quick and easy solution to allow attached files with the extension .it5 through.
> Right now they're being  returned with the following message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Subject:	Warning: E-mail viruses detected
>
> Our e-mail content detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:
>
> One or more of the attachments (land.it5) are on
> the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and will not have
> been delivered.
>
> Consider renaming the files to avoid this constraint.
>
> The virus detector said this about the message:
> Report: Report: MailScanner: No programs allowed (land.it5)

If Hugo's advice fails, get a copy of this file (by ftp if need be)
then run:  file land.it5

and then change the filetype.rules.conf to accomodate.

It sounds like you may have to allow exe in filetype, and then control
the allows in filename.rules.conf, it might be enough to allow in filetype
without changing filename, often you need to 'allow' in filetype but you
can still deny  'exe'  in filename.

--
Cheers
Res

"If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lay with with me and just forget the world?"