dealing with dictionary attacks

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:22:41 CET 2007

So does anyone have any advice re: postgrey vs policyd?

Policyd seems more inclusive but postgrey still seems effective in my setup.

I read the info on the policyd site and it seems "thin" -- and so that
scares me a bit. The examples given were in the form of SQL Insert
queries.  I don't fancy managing my server by sending commands at the
mysql> prompt all day.

I would like to set up some sort of rate limiting / DoS throttling,
and policyd seems capable, but is the management really as archaic as
it looks?

Angelo