dealing with dictionary attacks

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 16:05:25 CET 2007

[snip]
>Is there a trustworthy milter that will say, for example, "15
>bad email addresses to our server within an hour and bang...the sender
is
>blacklisted for say 36 hours"?

Chris

There are a number of MailScanner + Sendmail sites that also use various
milters from Snert Soft -  see
http://www.snert.com/Software/software.html and click on the "Sendmail
Milters" page.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           Newcastle University,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.