spam.blacklist.rules Syntax question

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:31:36 CET 2007

I'm seeing a boatload of spam coming from a particular set of domains.
They're pretty slick, but I'm catching them with scoring. I'd just
like to not have to score it every time if I already know they're junk
coming in.

Since I know they're very-well-known and aren't ever likely to send
anything legit, I'd like to block their entire domain.

Let's say their domain is "mx01.net" -- and their MTA IP is 1.2.3.4
with a reverse lookup of something.mx01.net.

In my spam.blacklist.rules, I added:

From:     .mx01.net     yes

Thinking that would match. I'm still seeing messages from them that
are going through scoring and not just getting stopped at the
blacklist.

I didn't want to block by IP range in case they move.

Would this be better moved to a postfix block instead of where I'm
[attempting] to do it?

I know this comes back to strategy and there's more than one way to
accomplish this.

--Angelo