Consolidated spammy countries rbl

Tony Enderby tenderby at mailwash.com.au
Sun Mar 4 12:52:04 CET 2007

Hi Again,

I perceive it's only a flaw if it's advertised to do something that it
doesn't.  I indicated in my original post that if you received email
from any of the countries in the zone it would not be wise to use it.

I'm also well aware of the philosophical debate as well as the technical
one for why blocking a whole country is not a good idea but in my
case it works well.

The US zone as I mentioned in my last post was not included because
there's a measurable percentage of email that is legitimate. If there's
a measurable
percentage no matter how small, the relevant country blocks are omitted
from the zone.  Each country included in the zone has sent a significant
amount of
Spam to my networks over the past year with zero legitimate email content.

It's a big, dumb blanket approach but why even receive email and then
process it from (insert country here) if you don't need to.

Tony.

--
Kind Regards,

Tony Enderby.

Technical Director - MailWash Australia.
Premium Anti-Spam / Anti Virus / Identity theft protection.
http://www.mailwash.com.au