"Intention Analysis"

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Mar 2 22:03:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 02/03/07, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
>>
>>  The Barracuda solution is fine for those networks whose admins find
>>  clicking on the right spots in exchange is a challenge. It has a decent
>>  set of tools and it is actively maintained so at present I find it is the
>>  best boxed solution you can find with a reasonably good track record.
>>
> Hm, have you compared this in-depth with DefenderMX (which is
> available in an appliance as well as not:)? DefenderMX is the
> commercial variant of MailScanner/MailWatch sold by FSL, if you
> haven't heard of it.

I have not tested it head to head against DefenderMX. We have some AV
manufacters who think they unerstand SPAM and ..... (Well let me suffice
to say you don't want to maintain their anti-spam configuration.)

I will give it a thought next week with our Product Manager. It is one
thing to write up marketing papers it is another to see how the actual
implementation holds out in a field trial.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)