Spam score/reports in quarantined messages

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:42:59 CET 2007

On 02/03/07, Paul Maddox <paul.maddox at office-shadow.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I would like to have the spam related headers (eg: MailScanner-SpamCheck)
> added into the headers of quarantined emails.
>
> Currently if an email is considered not to be spam and successfully
> delivered these headers are present in the emails but after an hour of
> searching through the various MailScanner configuration files I cannot seem
> to find how to get MailScanner to add these headers into spam emails before
> they are quarantined.
>
> Is this normal MailScanner behaviour? Is there an option I'm missing? Is
> there a hack to get around this?

Hi Paul,

This is perfectly normal... MailScanner will put the more or less
unchanged message into the quarantine. This is by design.
There is no option to change this, all you can do is choose if you'd
like to store the queue file or the RFC822 message file in the
quarantine.

Either rely on your log or, better yet, implement MailWatch
(http://mailwatch.sf.net) ... the latter will make all this
information readily available in a nice web-UI, with noce
report/search functions.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn