quarantined non-spam attachments

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:35:00 CET 2007

On 02/03/07, Brent Addis <brent.addis at pronet.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We currently store mail in quarantine for a few users, for a set period
> of days. this includes non spam. Some of these clients have messages
> numbering in the thousands. Now, obviously releasing all of these
> messages with mailwatch is a bit difficult (Being that it releases one
> at a time).
>
> Is there an easilly scriptable way of either, sending these messages to
> the client, in such a way that they can actually see attachments and use
> them, or copying out the attachment, which I can put into a directory
> for the client to access. Sending standard text as attachments is easy
> enough, however the attached files also come through as text, which is
> less than helpful for things such as word documents.
>
> I currently have a script that runs through all the quarantine
> directories, copies needed messages into a directory, and either mails
> them off, or lets the client access them via ftp/smb/webdav
>
> Having mailscanner email messages to an email address does not really
> work in this situation.
>
> any ideas, or software that may be able to help?

The Message Operations page will let you release them 50/page. You
find that on the reports page, so it is simple to limit to one
customer or other.
Scripting should be equally simple: Get the IDs out of the maillog
table with an appropriate SQL statement (look at the MW code for
ideas), use that and the sendmail command with the envelope recipient
on the actual message file for that ID (it just contain the RFC822
message, including all attachments) and you should be fine.

Or am I missing what you are trying to do here? Why would you do this
type of "bulk releasing"?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn