quarantined non-spam attachments

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Fri Mar 2 03:05:21 CET 2007

Hi.

We currently store mail in quarantine for a few users, for a set period
of days. this includes non spam. Some of these clients have messages
numbering in the thousands. Now, obviously releasing all of these
messages with mailwatch is a bit difficult (Being that it releases one
at a time).

Is there an easilly scriptable way of either, sending these messages to
the client, in such a way that they can actually see attachments and use
them, or copying out the attachment, which I can put into a directory
for the client to access. Sending standard text as attachments is easy
enough, however the attached files also come through as text, which is
less than helpful for things such as word documents.

I currently have a script that runs through all the quarantine
directories, copies needed messages into a directory, and either mails
them off, or lets the client access them via ftp/smb/webdav

Having mailscanner email messages to an email address does not really
work in this situation.

any ideas, or software that may be able to help?