RBLs - in MailScanner, SpamAssassin, or right in Sendmail?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Thu Mar 1 06:24:36 CET 2007

Hi Everyone,

Putting some final spit and polish on the new server before beginning to
move users over to it in the next few days.

As I'm editing and tweaking countless lines of .conf files, the thought
came to me *gasp* that there just might be a better way to do things
than the way I've always done them.

So. Best practice. RBLs in MailScanner.conf? Or better in SpamAssassin?
Or better yet in Sendmail.mc? Obviously I want the magical sweet spot
where I block 100.0000% of spam, with 0.000000% false positives. ;-)

Furthermore, which RBLs should I use? Others? Not some of these? I was
considering:
1) Spamhaus-Zen?
2) Spamcop.net
3) NJABL