Multiple MailScanner servers

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Jun 26 20:59:29 IST 2007

Eugene MacDougal a écrit :
> Are there any recommended methods for pushing changes from one
> MailScanner to another in a multiple server environment?  I am about
> to deploy three MS servers and am curious what everyone else does.
>
> I'm planning on scp'ing the files to my other servers and using sudo
> to install them in the appropriate places.
>
> Am I doing the best thing already, or is there some "super-cool" admin
> tool that I've not read about.
>
> -Eugene
Eugene,

I do the same thing as you are about to do but I scp through a
"mailscanner" user for which I have the public keys on my remote MS
servers.  That way I push the files directly in the right directory and
I finish with a "ssh server /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/service MailScanner
reload".

Denis

--
   _