update_phishing_sites on solaris 10

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Tue Jun 26 00:31:59 IST 2007

Eugene MacDougal wrote:

> I'm running MS 4.60.8 on Solaris 10 and had the following problem with
> update_phishing_sites:
>
> # ./update_phishing_sites
> ./update_phishing_sites: wget: not found
> ./update_phishing_sites: curl: not found
> Cannot find wget or curl to do phishing sites update.
>
> I knew that I had wget installed so I checked the PATH in the update
> script.  Solaris 9 and 10 have a "/usr/sfw/bin" where it puts software
> that was obtained through sunfreeware.com <http://sunfreeware.com>
> (mostly gnu type stuff).

Not true, /usr/sfw/bin is the standard Sun location for open source software
included with Solaris.  Anything you get from sunfreeware is installed under
/usr/local.

You only need to modify the PATH if you are using the programs installed by
Solaris, usually old versions (very old in the case of Solaris 9).  If you had
newer ones from sunfreeware you wouldn't need to change the PATH.

[snip]
--
René Berber