high spam score value

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jun 25 18:09:16 IST 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Wendi Whitsett wrote:

> What's a good value for 'high spamassassin score' ?
> The default is 10 but that may be a bit too high.  Anyone have any experience
> with these scoring/actions...

Check your logs. Whatever I use is likely NOT what you can use. If you
check the logs you should be able to tell if there is any likely hood of
HAM passing with > N points.

If you did not yet install MailWatch then do so now and use it to inspect
the various ranges. See what sort of traffic you have with 1 < N < 2
points for example. Then 2 < N 3 point, and so on.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)