Spam list

James lists at jfworks.net
Thu Jun 21 18:33:52 IST 2007

Drew Marshall wrote:
> On Thu, June 21, 2007 15:46, Randal, Phil wrote:
>
>> "Use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs via DNS queries to our public DNSBL mirrors
>> is free for low-traffic mail servers serving less than 100 users. Use of
>> the Spamhaus DNSBLs by commercial or corporate networks, ISPs and ESPs,
>> requires a subscription to Spamhaus's Data Feed service."
>>

> So what do people here do? Do they pay up or use something else?
>
> Drew

We pay to use the datafeed service and so far its definatly worth it at
least for our customers. At first we were only using the free service as
we started offering mail scanning service to a few of our existing
customers. As the number of customer requests started to grow for spam
detection/removal ( Thanks MailScanner! ) we thought, we should pay now
and not risk loosing the service later. I'm sure they would remove us
eventually from their blacklist, but it would be a hassle and the
existing customers would bear the brunt of it. Pay now or pay later,
everyone pays the piper.

James