Spam list

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu Jun 21 15:46:00 IST 2007

sbl-xbl has been superceded by zen (http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/).

However, you're advised to read the caveats:

  "In most cases, zen.spamhaus.org replaces sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org. If you
are currently using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org you should now replace
'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org' with 'zen.spamhaus.org'.

zen.spamhaus.org should now be the only spamhaus.org DNSBL in your
configuration. You should not use ZEN together with other Spamhaus
blocklists, or with blocklists already included in our zones (such as
the CBL) or you will simply be wasting DNS queries and slowing your mail
queue.

Caution: Because ZEN includes the XBL and PBL lists, do not use ZEN on
smarthosts or SMTP AUTH outbound servers for your own customers (or you
risk blocking your own customers). Do not use ZEN in filters that do any
'deep parsing' of Received headers, or for other than checking IP
addresses that hand off to your mailservers."

and

"Use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs via DNS queries to our public DNSBL mirrors
is free for low-traffic mail servers serving less than 100 users. Use of
the Spamhaus DNSBLs by commercial or corporate networks, ISPs and ESPs,
requires a subscription to Spamhaus's Data Feed service."

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal