MCP Check not working

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:10:19 IST 2007

On 21/06/07, Daniel Fuhrer <daniel at danielf.ch> wrote:
> Hi Glenn
> Thanks a lot for your help. Now it works perfectly. I hope I didn't bother you to much.
No problem.

> I have some more questions about MCP.
> Can I make some rules according to the sender or the recipient? We have some automatic mailboxes, where only certain subject's or message body's are allowed. We also have some mailboxes where only certain customers are allowed to send emails.

You can make any SA rule you like, AFAIK... At least all the "plain
simple" ones:).
How to make the rules is far better described by others (Matt Kettler
has written some very informative things on that subject... Think you
should find it somewhere on www.rulesemporium.com .... hmmm nope, they
do have the link to
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/SA-rules-howto.txt though...
Matt will tell us if it is the latest&greatest:-).
You could also just check out the relevant man pages
(Mail::SpaAssassin::Conf, according to Jules install doc for MCP),or
via perldoc if you prefer that, just to see the syntax etc.

The thing with MCP is that it (due to only using your specific rules)
is something really lightweight and very flexible. The alternative
would've been to "reinvent the wheel" for this functionality... Again,
a testament to Jules genius:).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn