Mailscanner not proccessing emails

Carl Werner carl at theholidayclub.com
Thu Jun 21 10:00:31 IST 2007

Hi,

I have done a clean install of Mailscanner from the sunrise overlay on
Gentoo, together with Sendmail, Spamassassin and ClamAV. I followed the
guide located at
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email_Virus_Scanner_--_Mailscanner#Configuratio
n_for_Sendmail with the installation. The problem is that Mailscanner does
not process the emails. I have setup Sendmail to run with SMTP auth (not
sure if that is the problem). Sendmail is working perfectly even though
Mailscanner is also running. The emails seem to bypass Mailscanner and is
delivered directly. I have run Mailscanner in debug mode. The only errors
that I have received is the following

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1050.

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1052.

[28333] dbg: config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open "": No such file or
directory

When I disable the use of Spamassassin this error does not appear any more.
Except for the normal info messages nothing else is shown and Mailscanner
seems to be waiting for emails as input.

What am I missing? Is there a problem with my incoming/outgoing queues in
Mailscanner/Sendmail. Is Sendmail being started the right way? Any help
would be appreciated.

Regards

Carl Werner