MCP Check not working

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:07:29 IST 2007

On 20/06/07, Daniel Fuhrer <daniel at danielf.ch> wrote:
> Hi Glenn
> Here is the output:

(snip)
> check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 164.

The line above indicates the error... You don't have a v320.pre file
in /etc/MailScanner/mcp ... This is fixed in the latest (trust
Jules;), but apparantly not in the version you installed... You can
create it, it only need contain one line... Here is mine:
----------
# cat /etc/MailScanner/mcp/v320.pre
# Check - Provides main check functionality
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check

----------
then perhaps restart MailScanner to reinstantiate MCP.

> I don't understand what's wrong with the config directives " use_dcc 0", " use_pyzor 0", "use_razor1 0" and "use_razor2 0"?

Pretty much as with the actual error above... These are now
implemented in plugins, so ... if you don't load the plugin, you don't
have anything understanding the parameter:-).
MCP don't use, and don't need, those... One could argue that one
should make some IfPlugin statements around them, or just plan comment
them out... But they do no real harm either... And they are needed if
you run with an old SA (to implement MCP)... So just ignore those
errors.

> Is there a something wrong in the PerMsgStatus.pm on line 164?
No. It is the fact that there is no handler for check_main that is the
problem, and it is cured by loading the plugin that now implements it.

> There is the following Code:
>
> 158:    # The primary check functionality occurs via a plugin call.  For more
> 159:    # information, please see: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check
> 160:    if (!$self->{main}->call_plugins ("check_main", { permsgstatus => $self }))
> 161:            {
> 162:            # did anything happen?  if not, this is fatal
> 163:            if (!$self->{main}->have_plugin("check_main")) {
> 164:                    die "check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan!";
> 165:            }
> 166:    }
>

> Hope that helps.
As do I:-)