how to block mail where From and To are the same?

Rob Poe rpoe at plattesheriff.org
Thu Jun 14 17:41:44 IST 2007

So that would break me sending myself love notes?  :)

>>> Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> 4/27/2007 10:25 AM >>>

You could do this with a very simple Custom Function. It would just
check to see if
1) There is only 1 recipient
2) The recipient address @{$message->{from}}[0] eq the sender address
$message->{from}.

Don't trust the syntax is 100% accurate, my Perl is a bit rusty due to

my hospital stay.

Quite which configuration option you would attach this to is left as an

exercise for the reader :-)

Jules.

Daniel Maher wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Lately I have been receiving an increasingly large amount of spam
> where both the From and To fields are identical (and, of course,
> forged). The net result is that many of my users appear to be
> receiving spam /from themselves/, which is causing some distress
> amongst the user base.
>
> Now, there are a handful of ways to deal with this situation;
however,
> like always, the community probably already knows the best way to
> block – or at least add SA points to – such spam.
>
> I’m using Postfix 2.0 (yes, I know), and the newest MailScanner &
> SpamAssassin. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.
>
> --
>
> _
> °v° Daniel Maher
> /(_)\ Administrateur Système Unix
> ^ ^ Unix System Administrator
>
> //“How can a man choose between Fresh and Fly? And believe me,
there
> IS a difference.” – Crack Stuntman, 2007.////

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM