Beta release 4.61.3

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Thu Jun 14 11:48:41 IST 2007

Have just installed so will see how it goes.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:04:15 +0100, Julian Field
<MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have just released the latest beta, 4.61.3.
> I would particularly like clamd users and Postfix users to test this
> release, please.
>
> Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
>
> New additions in this beta versus the previous beta are:
> 3 'MailScanner --lint' now finds clamd virus scanner.
> 3 Made clamd subsys lock file blank by default, so it works on non-Linux
>   systems.
> 3 Added another example to the Allowed Sophos Error Messages setting for
>   password-protected files.
> 3 Fixed "identified/found" bug in AVG parser.
> 3 Fixed bugs in Panda and AVG parsers courtesy of Rick Cooper.
> 3 Fixed bug in Postfix handler which caused a problem with empty
messages.

> The entire Change Log for this version is currently:
>
> * New Features and Improvements *
> 1 Direct support for the "clamd" virus scanner -- now talks directly to
> the
>   clamd daemon without any overhead of calling clamd-wrapper or
clamdscan.
>   As a result, this should be faster than the previous clamd support.
>   It also has a much smaller memory footprint than the "clamavmodule"
> scanner.
>   This is all thanks to Rick Cooper who wrote the original code.
>   New configuration options are
>   - Clamd Port = 3310
>   - Clamd Socket = /tmp/clamd
>   - Clamd Lock File = /var/lock/subsys/clamd
>   - Clamd Use Threads = no
>   The use of these settings is explained in the MailScanner.conf file.
> 2 Changed session handling in direct clamd virus scanner support.
> 3 'MailScanner --lint' now finds clamd virus scanner.
> 3 Made clamd subsys lock file blank by default, so it works on non-Linux
>   systems.
> 3 Added another example to the Allowed Sophos Error Messages setting for
>   password-protected files.
>
> * Fixes *
> 2 Fixed bug in auto-zip feature with a message containing 2 attachments
> with
>   the same filename.
> 2 Fixed bug in auto-zip feature that would allow zipping of an attachment
>   which had been cleaned out of the message.
> 3 Fixed "identified/found" bug in AVG parser.
> 3 Fixed bugs in Panda and AVG parsers courtesy of Rick Cooper.
> 3 Fixed bug in Postfix handler which caused a problem with empty
messages.

> Jules
>
> - --
> Julian Field MEng CITP
> www.MailScanner.info
>
> MailScanner customisation, or any advanced system administration help?
> Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM

> For all your IT requirements visit www.transtec.co.uk

> believed to be clean.
> For all your IT requirements visit www.transtec.co.uk

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.