Max Message and Attachment Sizes

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jun 9 08:23:39 IST 2007

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Hmm.. that may be the problem then. So instead of putting 10M I really should be putting 9.5M or 9M?

You are not doing the math. So a 5 mB zip file is expanded using the
formula to: 5 * 4 /3 = 6.67 MB

If you want a 5MB binary attachment to be the max you must set your limit
to 6.7 MB to handle the overhead of base64 encoding.

Hugo.

PS: Please learn yahoo to indent when you reply. (Or better: get awway
from yahoo and other free emailsystems)

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)