Max Message and Attachment Sizes

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 06:33:44 IST 2007

Hi Hugo,

Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote: On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> The maximum message size includes the size of the body of the message plus
> the Base64-encoded attachments.

Most admins know that a 9.9 MB file gets expanded by 4/3 factor so it will
not fit into a 10 MB message size limit.

But I keep running into people who are not aware that email results in a
33% overhead on each (binary) file.
Hmm.. that may be the problem then. So instead of putting 10M I really should be putting 9.5M or 9M?

Michael.
Hugo.