SA not working after upgrade

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jun 7 17:19:26 IST 2007

Mogens Melander spake the following on 6/6/2007 11:02 PM:
> On Wed, June 6, 2007 17:29, Scott Silva wrote:
>> Mogens Melander spake the following on 6/6/2007 3:29 AM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yesterday i did an cpan upgrade of SpamAssassin, after
>>> which, it seems that MailScanner no longer uses SA.
>>>
>>> A spamassassin --lint gave no clue as all looked good.
>>>

>>> I'm being flodded in spam, so hints are more than welcome.
>>>
>> Did you originally install spamassassin from CPAN?
>> If you installed it any other way, you need to update it the same way
>> every time.
>
> Well, your sugestion makes some sense, but, i have only one instance
> of spamassassin on my system, so that should not be the issue.
>
> BTW, i got MailScanner/SpamAssassin from OpenProtect originally, and
> it looks like they are not updating at all.

Openprotect has modified mailscanner pretty heavily to work with Qmail. You
might have to do some deep digging to find what has happened.
It might benefit to start over with one of the MTA's that Julian originally
started with (sendmail, postfix, or exim), or see if you can find any help
from the openprotect people. I think their list moved to google groups.

Does the version of Mailscanner that they have respond to a
 MailScanner --lint?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and