IS my Mailscanner using clamav

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:15:52 IST 2007

On 06/06/07, linux at kmun.gov.kw <linux at kmun.gov.kw> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> i have recently installed mail scanner ver 4.28.6-1 and its been workin
> fine as i see from my maillogs
Why use this (very) old version?
Get the latest stable version from http://www.mailscanner.info then go
read (most of) the wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info), with special
attention to the MAQ.

> but i would like to know the following
>

> 1) how do i know if my clamav antivurus is running and MailScanner is
> using it..

A much better question is: If you are using such an outdated version
of MailScanner, is your ClamAV equally out of date?
Latest stable there is 0.90.3, and you can get it in a very convenient
and easy install package (along with SpamAssassin 3.2.0) from
www.mailscanner.info.
Details on how to manually test your system for all sorts of problems
are in the wiki ... Do look through it.
The really bad thing with an outdated ClamAV is that you will not get
signature updates if it is too much out of date...

> my Mailscanner.conf file has Virus Scanners = clamav.
>
> thnks and regards
>

> simon

Cheers
--