Can't get clamd working???

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Jun 6 04:51:14 IST 2007

What exactly isn't working? I have no idea how MailScanner performs it's
lint test, but mine outputs the following:

Creating hardcoded struct_flock subroutine for linux (Linux-type)
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = panda f-prot clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, clamavmodule, f-prot,
panda, sophossavi

Note clamd is not one of the installed scanners and it works fine. It also
says:

Could not use Custom Function code MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitWrapper,
it could not be "eval"ed.  And that all works properly as well.

You will have to ask Julian how he lints a virus scanner that doesn't
require a wrapper script, I thought setting clamd the same as clamavmodule (
/bin/false /tmp) would do it but he set it as /bin/false /usr/local...
Setting it to /tmp doesn't seem to work either.

When you test does it not work? If not what does the log say?
If running MailScanner in debug mode what do the current parameters say?

Rick

believed to be clean.