Can't get clamd working???

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Wed Jun 6 01:39:54 IST 2007

I've been playing with the newest beta release and am having problems
getting clamd working.  When I do a MailScanner --lint I get the following:

MailScanner --lint
Read 764 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.61.2) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Using locktype = posix
Creating hardcoded struct_flock subroutine for linux (Linux-type)
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd trend f-prot bitdefender"
Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, f-prot, clamavmodule,
trend

Here's the result of ps ax | grep clamd

ps ax | grep clamd
16849 ?        Ss     0:47 /usr/local/sbin/clamd

virus.scanners.conf has the following entry for clamd

clamd           /bin/false        /usr/local/sbin

clamd.conf contains the following lines

# Path to a local socket file the daemon will listen on.
# Default: disabled
LocalSocket /tmp/clamd

# TCP port address.
# Default: disabled