prevent notify spam action from notifying non-local users

Ron E. ree at thunderstar.net
Tue Jun 5 00:02:49 IST 2007

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I have been using the notify spam action to notify users about certain
types of spam. It seems I incorrectly assumed that this action only
notifies the envelope to recipients (RCPT TO) rather than the listed
recipients in the message.

Any comments?

I would think the desired functionality would be to only notify those
users that would have actually received the message if it had not been
quarantined -- on that one system.

Dug around docs and list archives and didn't find much on this.

Any input would be appreciated.