FW: Other Bad Content Detected

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 16:18:06 IST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Glenn Steen
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 2:47 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: FW: Other Bad Content Detected

On 04/06/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Are you using a very new version of Exim, and a not-very-new version of
> MailScanner? Try the latest MailScanner as there was 1 change to the
> Exim support in 4.60.

Seems to be a Postfix install....
Cheers
--
-- Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Yep, Postfix.

All up to date - MailScanner on latest stable as of yesterday.

Thing is that, once upon a time, the emails arrived OK, but then MailScanner
just stopped liking them. This didn't happen after any updates etc. so I
reckon the people who wrote the code to send out the emails have 'tweaked'
something but, guess what, they are admitting to nothing - even when I point
out that it's only their emails to us that throw this error.

With regards to 'multipart/mixed', there isn't any attachment that I can see
- although as mentioned I am not exactly 'into' mail formats. All mail is
archived so I can pass on 'originals'.

Thanks

Nigel