Beta release 4.61.1

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Mon Jun 4 12:24:01 IST 2007

[...]
> I have just installed this version and fired up clamd.  What a
> difference it makes.  Working like a dream and has changed a
> server that
> was starting to get sluggish into one that flies through the incoming
> emails now.

Thanks, I think you will really like the latest code that calls clamd once
per batch, especially if you are normally processing a good number of
messages per batch. I would be very interested in any performance
information regarding large volume servers as I would have to manufacture
tests for large volume batches as our servers only handle a couple thousand
incoming mails a day per server (at most). I know I was pleased with the
reduction of memory and resources that we have experienced. Just make sure
your clamd.conf is setup to match your old clamavmodule settings from
mailscanner.

Rick

believed to be clean.