OT: CentOS

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Jun 4 12:17:51 IST 2007

On Monday June 04, 2007 at 06:20:28 (AM) --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> As a long time Gentoo user I have never felt the urge to switch too another
> distro, but due to a new career direction I plan to take I need to extend
> my knowledge of other systems.  I believe that CentOS would be a good
> choice, especially due to its upstream provider.
>
> Would be interested to hear peoples views on it, especially from a mail
> server perspective.
>
> If this will generate too much OT traffic, then please email me privately.

Personally, I have been using FreeBSD-6.2 as both a mail server --
Postfix / Dovecot / Mailscanner -- and a web server. I have found it
to be extremely reliable. Just my 2¢.

--
Gerard

       DISCLAIMER

       If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or
       disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a
       posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate ... ;-)