Clamd Verses ClamAVModule timing

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Sun Jun 3 20:23:32 IST 2007

Ok, the PING/PONG overhead isn't much anyway and my original thinking was it
would be overall faster if the daemon had gotten messed up as it would have
to time out before I knew there was a problem (hence the short PING/PONG
timeout). Really haven't had problems with the daemon getting hosed for a
very long time but a some time back I noticed that even though clamd was
active and you could connect it wouldn't respond (hence writing the original
PING/PONG check I still run from cron). And I guess if you are normally
scanning one message at a time the difference in overhead won't amount to
anything since you are running a low load service anyway.

And of course you are the boss after all ;-)

Rick

believed to be clean.