Problem with mangled e-mails

James McNeil (Alpha Base Systems) j.mcneil at alphabasesystems.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 12:35:46 IST 2007

Hi,

I apologise if this is the wrong place for this however I have exhausted
the documentation and 'googling' for the problem I am seeing.

I am running Mailscanner 4.58.9 on CentOS 4.5 with Sendmail 8.13.1 and
am seeing e-mails being altered with an exclamation mark and line
break(s) inserted most often in HTML e-mails causing links etc to break,
two examples of this from the same e-mail are below. I was wondering if
anyone else has experienced this and how they resolved it. I thought it
might be to do with the phishing checks but disabled this to no avail.

  he package entails 20:1 contention ratio at 1MB speed and 8 st!
  atic IP
addresses

/table><br><hr noshade size=1 color=black>To follow up on this service
request, go to <a
href=http://*****************************/admin/ViewRequest.php?cas!

/>--

with thanks and best regards,