How to store and delete a message

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:38:24 IST 2007

On 01/06/07, Jason Gottschalk <Jason at syo.com> wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>
> Just one account, actually.
>
> I figured it out.
>
> I have to use two rules. The first issue was that I didn't realize
> there was a "non spam" item in the mailscanner.conf file until Julian
> pressed the issue. I found that the "non spam" was set to "store
> deliver" rather than a ruleset.
>
> So I changed it to a ruleset and then placed my rule in there to
> delete the message.
>
> So here is what I have now, which, btw, is precisely what I was looking
> for.
>

> nonspam.action.rules:
> From:Him at HisDomain.com delete
> FromOrTo: Default Store Deliver
>
> Archive.Rules:
> FromOrTo: Him at HisDomain.Com /sites/hisdomain/mail/approve/mbox
> FromOrTo: Default
>

> So now I get what I want, his e-mail is stored for administrative
> approval before it is released. (There is a script that puts the
> message in /var/spool/mqueue after it is approved.)

Just one thing... Archive Mail archives _everything_,spam and viruses as well.
Since you store every message, you could have worked with the
quarantine (the nonspam subdirectory) instead... And if you use
MailWatch, you would have a nice tool to view the mails under review
too:-).

Just a though...:-)
Cheers
--