OT: DNS Question

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Tue Jul 31 16:26:28 IST 2007

Hi,

I am attempting to setup our own RBL (that bit has gone fine) but on the DNS servers I need to define a subdomain.  I have in out db.example.com the following :-

$TTL 172800     ; 2 days
$ORIGIN example.com.
@                       IN SOA  ns1.example.com. root.ns1.example.com. (
                                2007073108 ; serial
                                900        ; refresh (15 minutes)
                                300        ; retry (5 minutes)
                                604800     ; expire (1 week)
                                2592000    ; minimum (4 weeks 2 days)
                                )
                        NS      ns1
                        NS      ns2

                        MX      5 mail

... <All the A records> ...

$ORIGIN dnsrbl.example.com.
                        IN      NS      rblserver.example.com.

If I do a dig against example.com I get back ns1 and ns2.  But if I do a dig against dnsrbl.example.com I get nothing.

What is wrong with my syntax ?

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

believed to be clean.