Watermarking quirks still in 4.62.8

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 13:38:18 IST 2007

Randal, Phil wrote:
> A couple of issues with watermarking:
>
> 1: Read receipts are getting blocked ("spam(no null-header or sender
> address)")

Read receipts from where to where (or is this all).

> 2: If I send an email from outside to a non-existent email address here,
> the bounce message from our Exchange server gets blocked.  I've worked
> around this using a ruleset, but shouldn't MailScanner be letting
> through bounces originating from the internal network (or RFC1918
> addresses) anyhow?

It should work in this case as the Watermark will be added on the
incoming message and the bounce should be containing the Watermark in
the headers on the way out.

Is it possible for you to put up an example of a bounce on web page
somewhere so I can look at it?

regards

Matt