query if mailscanner using clamscan

simon mailadmin at baladia.gov.kw
Sat Jul 28 10:34:16 IST 2007

Dear ALL

Really appreciate you guys for all the earlier advise n help
been so prompt

by the way i still hav doubt about my query regarding mailscanner using
clamscan

probably was not able to explain myself properly n clearly. sorry for tht

let me be more precise.

as per jules SA+CLAM AV script which says if MAilScanner support for clamd
(virus scanning daemon ) is required then i do hav to download following
rpm from dag wiers..

i have followed all the steps required as per the script and also as per
the replies recived from my earlier postings
just wanaa know if my settings below confirm that MailScanner is using
clamav and also support for clamd

now her below r my settings

mailscanner.lint

Read 797 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.61.7) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temporary working directory is
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Using locktype = posix
Creating hardcoded struct_flock subroutine for linux (Linux-type)
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav clamd clamavmodule"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule, clamd

in MailScanner.conf

Virus Scanners = clamav clamd clamavmodule
virusscanners.conf file

clamav          /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper     /usr/local
clamd           /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamd-wrapper      /usr/local
clamavmodule    /bin/false                              /tmp
are the above settings Ok or do i need to do any changes

really do apprecite your help

regards

simon