query if mailscanner using clamscan

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Jul 27 08:39:59 IST 2007

Simon,

Looks like ClamAV is installed twice.  Please check for clamdscan in /usr/local/sbin and /usr/sbin.  I guess it will be in both places. The RPM will install to /usr and Jules package will install too /usr/local.  Decide which one you wish to use and remove the other.

Once that has been done set virus.scanners.conf to where the directory for clamd is, which would be either /usr or /usr/local.

Set the VirusScanners = clamd in MailScanner.conf

Ensure that the socket is being created in the same place that MailScanner.conf is set to use.

Remember! if you switch from RPM too Jules package, or vice verse, the socket path will change.  Please consult either /etc/clamd.conf or /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf.

Hope this makes sense?

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net