Spamassassin Greeting Card Question

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Jul 26 16:47:03 IST 2007

Andrews Carl 455 wrote:
> Anyone have a spamassassin rule for the "You've received a
> greeting/ecard ..." spams? I have this but it is not working:
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Carl
>
> GreetingCard.cf:
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting card from a
> school-mate/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting ecard from a
> class mate!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting ecard from a
> neighbour!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting postcard from a
> partner!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting postcard from a
> worshipper!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a postcard from a family
> member!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a postcard from a
> neighbour!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a postcard from a
> worshipper!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received an ecard from a
> colleague!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting ecard from a
> Worshipper!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a postcard from a
> Worshipper!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.
>
> header CBGREET99 Subject =~ /You've received a greeting ecard from a
> School friend!/i
> score CBGREET99	99
> describe CBGREET99 Greeting Card Spam and Virus.

You didn't really name all of the rules the same thing did you? I use a
few rules like the ones you have listed but make them less specific. For
instance "received a greeting ecard", "received a greeting card" , and
also use the KAM.cf ruleset. It's about eliminated the stuff.

What you have will only work on whatever the last one is set to, I
believe, as you are redefining the rule over and over.

Steve Campbell