BarricadeMX experiences

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Thu Jul 26 16:27:48 IST 2007

Richard Lynch wrote:

> I gave before and after statistics.  It was the same hardware and with
> our volume the input is pretty much the same each day.  The results
> speak for themselves.  What were overloaded servers with huge delays now
> run fine.  The fact that MailScanner gets fewer messages isn't really
> the point other than it improves performance.   Steve is correct, it's
> not for everybody.  If your message load is small you probably don't
> need it.

You can tell BarricadeMX to use spamd and clamd.  I just migrated a
small site that was a MailScanner setup with SpamAssassin + Clamd to a
setup with BarricadeMX + spamd + clamd.  It seems to be running
perfectly. All spam detected by BarricadeMX (smtpf) is rejected at the
SMTP transaction.  Same for viruses.  For spamd, I set the score to
reject at 10, so everything that gets a score of 10 or more is rejected
at the MTA.  No more quarantine to manage, false positives always get a
notification...   I cannot talk about load because it was minimal before.

Ugo