query if mailscanner using clamscan

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:54:23 IST 2007

On 26/07/07, simon <mailadmin at baladia.gov.kw> wrote:

> Thanks Guys  for you quick reply,
>
> Btw i did forget to mention and ask u wht new should be added to
> virus.scanners.conf file since after the script was run there is a
> /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf.bak file
>
> here the clam lines for the /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf
>
> ------------------------
>
> clamav          /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper     /usr
> clamd           /bin/false                              /usr
> clamavmodule    /bin/false                              /tmp

> i guess this above file does not reference clamscan if im right..
No.
Since you are running with Dags RPMs, the first one (clamav) is
actually for clamscan... and it is correct. The other ones are for
clamd and clamavmodule respectively, but they need the first one to be
correct for freshclam updates.

> do let me know if i hav to edit this file.
> my clamscan is is /usr/bin
> n clamd is in /usr/sbin

No edits needed, no.

> and in MailScanner.conf it says
>
> Virus Scanners = auto

IIRC that would lead to clamavmodule being used. Which is OK.
When the module is being used, you will see no clamav processes, but
you'll see it in the logs.

> i did keep it auto as i will install bitdefender latter and would like MS
> to search for the installed antivirus software
>
> Appreciate your help
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> simon

Cheers