install-Clam-0.91.1-SA-3.2.1.tar.gz configure error

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:53:06 IST 2007

On 25/07/07, Brad Beckenhauer <bbecken at aafp.org> wrote:
> Exactly,
> I think you missed that I made note of just that in the original
> message.
>
> Julian is very good at identifying package dependancies, so I included
> the install log so Julian can review it and decide if he wants to
> include zlib/zlib-devel in his handy Clam-SA installer.
>
> thanks
> Brad

Brad, I'm pretty certain he will not. As is, such dependencies are for
you to fix, not him... And it isn't "Julian" finding this
discrepancy... it is clamav. Jules doesn't do anything with the stock
clamav source package. If you look at Jules' package, it only contain
clamav itself and ... perl packages ...

Same thing, almost, if you look at the MailScanner package... Sure,
you have some other things too, like tnef, but no libs in sight. This
is sane, since those libs would be installed by other measures... It
would be a nasty thing to handle, not to mention that the clamav
package handles it nicely... Don't hold your reath waiting for zlib
and zlib-devel to be included;-).

Then again, perhaps Jules installer should detect errors like that and
pause afterwards, demanding some interaction ... Perhaps something one
could turn on/off with an option?
That might even be marginally useful:-):-)

(snip)
--
-- Glenn