BarricadeMX experiences

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Jul 24 22:56:51 IST 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, UxBoD wrote:

> I ran it for a couple of days on test, and it does do what it says on the tin <UK talk - Jules ;)).
>
> It is a very clever logic engine.

Yes but again, are you running this test on the same million or so emails
on the same hardware once without it and once with it.. Like I said, if I
ran MIMEDefang before MS I know I also would see very little hit MS, it
stands to reason that if you run somthing at MTA level anything after that
is going to see less, or you'd sure as hell sope so.

The reason I left MIMEDefang (on sendmail) and qmailscanner is because of
the holding of the SMTP session whilst doing all the tests, a few thousand
concurrent on one box does make things a bit slow no mater how good your
hardware is :)