ClamAV update to 0.91.1 going awry

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:13:59 IST 2007

On 24/07/07, Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org> wrote:

> SPECIFICS:
> Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.8-3
> Sendmail 8.13.4, MailScanner 4.55.10, SpamAssassin 3.2.1
>
>         I've scoured the list archives on the issue were having and there's
> obviously been discussion on this issue but none of the suggested remedies has
> worked.
>         I've been using the clamavmodule and Julian's ClamAV/SA update script
> for a few years now without a hitch. This morning I got the new ClamAV/SA
> package and ran the install script as usual (I'm already on SA 3.2.1, also from
> this script) but running freshclam shows I'm running still 0.90.2.
>         I've always just run the script and restarted MailScanner in the past -
> have I missed something? Here is the output from running the install.sh script -
>
> http://pastebin.ca/631946
>
>         As suggested on the list I've altered "Monitors for ClamAV Updates" in
> MailScanner.conf to equal
>
>   /usr/local/share/clamav/*.inc/* /usr/local/share/clamav/*.cvd
>
>         but I'm still seeing the old version after restarting MS when I check.
>         Can anyone offer any hints on where I'm missing the boat?

As you can see on line 355 and onward you have a linking problem...
This seem to indicate that you have a general problem with your build
environment. I googled "Debian multiple definition of
`__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx" and could find this (specific to Debian, not
clamav) to be (seemingly, at least:-) the case. Some seem to have
resolved it by updating their gcc (to 4.0 ... Yes, unstable).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn