ClamAV update to 0.91.1 going awry

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Tue Jul 24 16:37:34 IST 2007

SPECIFICS:
Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.8-3
Sendmail 8.13.4, MailScanner 4.55.10, SpamAssassin 3.2.1

 	I've scoured the list archives on the issue were having and there's
obviously been discussion on this issue but none of the suggested remedies has
worked.
 	I've been using the clamavmodule and Julian's ClamAV/SA update script
for a few years now without a hitch. This morning I got the new ClamAV/SA
package and ran the install script as usual (I'm already on SA 3.2.1, also from
this script) but running freshclam shows I'm running still 0.90.2.
 	I've always just run the script and restarted MailScanner in the past -
have I missed something? Here is the output from running the install.sh script -

http://pastebin.ca/631946

 	As suggested on the list I've altered "Monitors for ClamAV Updates" in
MailScanner.conf to equal

  /usr/local/share/clamav/*.inc/* /usr/local/share/clamav/*.cvd

 	but I'm still seeing the old version after restarting MS when I check.
 	Can anyone offer any hints on where I'm missing the boat?

Brett Charbeneau, GSEC Gold, GCIH Gold
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188-7064
(757)259-4044          www.wrl.org
(757)259-4079 (fax)    brett (A T) wrl.org