Request for comments

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Jul 23 15:03:33 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Matt Kettler wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>
>>> That would be easy to add. Would many people use it?
>>> It would just be an "Adjust SpamAssassin Score" configuration option.
>>>
>> I don't think that would be useful Julian. If they wanted to adjust the SA
>> score, that's easy to do in SA. It's also not what Steven was suggesting, at
>> least as far as I can tell.
>
> I agree with you here.

Wow, me and Jules agree on something.. Something is clearly amiss :)

 Adding an SA rule to tweak the score based on
> simple things like the sender address is pretty easy to do. If you don't
> know how to do it, then read 'man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' will tell
> you most of what you need to do, and a quick look for an envelope rule
> in /usr/share/spamassassin will give you plenty of examples.

Even better, there's a really detailed guide at:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

(Disclaimer: I wrote a lot of the base text for this document, but it has been
updated and expanded upon by others.)

> I don't want to waste time and resources on things that SA already does
> perfectly well.

Agreed.